Yields: 4 servings
1 cup thinly sliced peeled peaches
1 cup thinly sliced peeled nectarines
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp honey
1 cup low calorie cranberry juice cocktail
1 cup apple juice
1 cinnamon stick
1 whole clove of nutmeg
2 whole cloves
¼ cup nonfat sour cream
- Place peaches and nectarines in food processor; process till smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl. Stir in the lemon juice and honey; cover and refrigerate.
- In a 1 qt sauce pan over medium high heat, bring the cranberry juice, apple juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Strain and discard the spices. Set aside to cool completely.
- When cool, stir the juice mixture into the puree that has been in the fridge. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve topped with the sour cream and enjoy!
Courtesy of Sharon Day, RD, CSO, CNSC – National Director of Nutrition, Director of Quality of Life at Western Regional Medical Center