Yields: One Large Salad Bowl
6-8 Roma tomatoes
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp of fresh garlic, chopped
1 tsp fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
¼ cup green onion, chopped
2 tsp red wine vinegar
Salt/pepper to taste
- Wash and core 6-8 Roma tomatoes, enough for 2 cups.
- Place on the grill or under broiler, charring the outside of the tomatoes, all around.
- Remove from the grill or oven and place under cool running water, using your hands peel off the charred skin. Pat dry.
- Cut the tomatoes to a medium dice. In a bowl, add tomatoes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, parsley and salt and pepper. Toss gently.
- Let sit for 30 minutes before serving.