Our juicy Hawaiian kabobs are sure to be a hit at your next cookout! Packed with nutrition from bell peppers plus pineapple and a zesty marinade, featuring ginger, sherry and low-sodium soy sauce, these kabobs are big on flavor but low on calories and saturated fat.
Marinate: at least 2 hours
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 35 minutes
Servings: approximately 7
– Five, 3-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
– 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
– 2 tablespoons sherry
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
– 3 garlic cloves, minced
– ¼ teaspoon black pepper
– 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1 zucchini cut into 1-inch cubes
– 2 cups pineapple cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1 red onion cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a shallow glass dish, mix the soy sauce, brown sugar, sherry, sesame oil, ginger, pepper, and minced garlic together.
- Stir the chicken pieces, pineapple, and vegetables into the marinade until well coated. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread chicken, pineapple, and vegetables onto skewers. Grill 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until chicken juices run clear. Pair with your favorite side and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per serving: 251 calories, 0.56 grams saturated fat, 38.2 grams carb, 1.8 grams fiber, 13.9 grams protein, 364 mg sodium