Ideal for Mother’s Day or other holiday brunch, this special occasion recipe only looks like you fussed all day. It’s super easy whip up and toss in the fridge. The next day it’s sure to win smiles with its mouth-watering combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, maple syrup and mixed berries.
Total servings: 7
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Overnight time: 8 hours
Total time: 8 hours and 55 minutes
- 8 oz. whole wheat bread
- 1 ½ cup 2% milk
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- a dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 ½ cups frozen mixed berries, thawed
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes and arrange in a 13 x 9 inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Whisk milk, eggs, melted butter, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and a dash of salt until combined.
- Pour mixture over bread cubes; toss to coat.
- Spread mixed berries over top of bread cubes
- Cover with aluminum foil; chill 8 hours overnight
- In the morning, preheat oven to 375⁰ F.
- Bake at 375⁰ F. until casserole is set, about 30 minutes, remove foil and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes and enjoy!
Nutritional analysis per 1 serving: 237 calories, 2.1 grams saturated fat, 25 grams carb, 3.7 grams fiber, 11.3 grams protein, 236 sodium