Yields 6-8 servings
1 (9-ounce) package spinach tortellini
1 (12-ounce) package bow tie pasta
8 ounce salmon filets
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 cup fat-free chicken broth
2/3 cup evaporated skim milk
1 cup sugar snap peas
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. In large pot boiling water, add tortellini and cook about 10 minutes. To same pot, add bow tie pasta and continue cooking until pasta is done. Drain and set aside.
2. Season salmon with salt and pepper and sugar.
3. In skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, cook salmon over medium heat. Turn and cook other side until done. Cut into chunks (remove skin), and set aside.
4. In same skillet, add broth and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until liquid reduces, about 5 minutes.
5. Add snap peas and green onions, cooking only until peas are crisp tender.
6. Add cooked pasta, dill, and cheese, tossing carefully. Carefully toss in salmon.
Calories 298, Protein (g) 18, Carbohydrate (g) 43, Fat (g) 5, Calories from fat (%) 16, Saturated Fat (g) 2, Dietary Fiber (g) 2, Cholesterol (mg) 60, Sodium (mg) 269, Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 3 starch